Thursday, December 16, 2010

I decide to wait till the lemons rot and then buy oranges!

So I can't remember if I mentioned in my last post that Buck is going to need surgery to fix a torn ACL. The surgery is 1500 and I have decided to not go to school next semester because I am not going to risk pulling money out of savings and then using the money that we would have put in savings all in one month. I HATE touching our savings account, like beyond hate it. I also hate not saving for one month, that I really hate. So I have to play the money game very carefully as my husband and I have been very cautious with our money the past 1.5 years of marriage and I plan on keeping it that way. (run on sentences anyone ;) )

So, what if we don't do the surgery? Well then we risk further complications to both of his legs. Arthritis is a big one that can form in the now really bum leg and then the other leg from having to bear all the weight. Buck is not a small dog.... so his bones are pretty well weighted down.

Further talk about money, I think this is a little eye opening to me and after we get our initial savings in the bank, I think I am going to open a separate account just for our pets. I would like a min of 5k in it, so if my horse gets sick, the dogs get sick, or some sort of freak accident happens, we aren't faced with tough decisions.

In other money news, our savings account (memeber how I mentioned I HATE touching it?) has been taking a beating this month. Thank god I don't get hyped on gift buying because we would be screwed!

So in all, our savings is down by 2500, this is a combination of a lot of things over the last two months but I am optimistic that we will get this put back in in 3 months, then we can move forward with our 10k goal by summer.

I also plan on posting here more often

No comments:

Post a Comment