Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Frustrations!

So I found out that my boss did not report my 09 1st quarter earnings! How frustrating! That means I will have to go down to the unemployment office next week with my old paycheck stubs and prove that I actually did work. YUCK.

Joe has been hinting at me working only pt for awhile. Apparently the REALLY likes me home. He said if I can find something in the morning and be home mid-afternoon to cook and clean he would be happy. Honestly, I would be happy. I'm kinda having fun just being a housewife, it makes me think *gasp* I want a kid. HA!

As far as finances go? We're fine. Even with the screw up from my old boss. Sure we have tightened the budget a little, but eh. Remember kids, there are bills that come FIRST.in fact, lets go over these:

1.) The house
- Mortgage payments are the FIRST thing that I budget for every month. I don't care what our checking account looks like, its the first thing that comes out of the checkbook. In fact the payment isn't due till the 1st of the NEXT month, but I like to debit it while I have the money to do so.

2.) The utilities
- Lights and water are IMPORTANT. These are the next items. I need water to cook, shower, launder and to some extent use the bathroom. I need electricity to cook, not so much light. If I had a gas stove I'd still need the electric company. One day I'd like an all wood stove......

3.) Food
- Basic people! I am currently canning and stockpiling. I would like a year in the stockpile but I think realistically I can fit about 6 months worth in our house. I need food next to survive.

4.) Insurance
- This is the deal breaker and important. Joe and I have car, home, health, dental, and life insurance. If I worked a job where they offered it I would decline. I like choosing for myself what I need.

5.) Student Loan
- This is pretty much killed. We have about 7k left on a 21k loan! Tell me thats not dedication. If worse came to worse my next payment isn't due till 2014.... but I am fairly certain it has a death wish in April.

Those are how I itemize out my bills, in that order. If something happened, the bills would still be paid like that. Its important, in my own mind, to put the necessities FIRST, then worry about the rest. Shelter, food, and light are the most important to me, hence the top three.

That concludes this informative post. Hopefully in the next few days I can post even more useful frugal stuff! Oh, and change the horrid color scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment